This year we will be learning about edible flowers each month from volunteer presenters.
Check with Janet Buck to find out if there are still “open” slots and join in the fun and get involved.
This is a good time to review the “safety rules for eating flowers”:
- Eat only flowers that you can positively identify as edible.
- Use only organically grown flowers or those you have grown yourself.
- Do NOT eat flowers picked from the side of the road.
- Do NOT eat flowers if you have asthma, allergies or hay fever,
- Remove pistils, sepals, and stamens from flowers before eating – eat only petals
- Introduce flowers into your diet one at a time in small quantities.
- Always prepare flowers for kitchen use by rinsing thoroughly and “de-bugging” them.